An internship is a temporary supervised work experience designed to help you learn more about the field or industry and gain an introduction into skills utilized in this field. An Internship is an important way to gain job experience, earn college credit, and learn about different fields of interest.
Political Science students can find more information about internships by visiting the useful resource links and using the internship database (the database requires you to be a declared Political Science major). Click here to access to the Political Science internship database.
For student interested in receiving college credit for their internships, they must consult the Guideline for Internships form and fill out the Political Science Application form. Be aware that not all internships meet the criteria for earning college credit.
Last, many internships are highly competitive and selective. To make yourself a better applicant, students should use career services to help with resumes and interview skills.
Past Political Science Internships
- Bill Hotz and Associates law firm
- City of Knoxville Community Development Office
- City of Knoxville Parks and Recreation Dept.
- City of Memphis
- City of Oak Ridge
- City of Oak Ridge legal department
- Florida State's Attorney
- Forsyth County, GA drug court
- Knox County Criminal Court
- Knox County Democratic Party
- Knox County District Attorney General's Office
- Knox County Election Commission
- Knox County Juvenile Court
- Knox County Public Defender's Office
- Madeline Rogero mayoral campaign
- Nashville Metropolitan Public Defender's Office
- Organizing for America
- ORNL nuclear safeguarding office
- Polk County Fire Department
- President Obama's 2012 reelection campaign
- Rep. Chuck Fleischmann
- Rep. Jim Cooper
- Rep. John Duncan
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn
- Rep. Steve Hall campaign
- Rhea County Commission
- Robert Ballinger law office
- Senator Bob Corker
- Senator Lamar Alexander
- The Bosch Law Firm
- Urban Fellows Program
- UT Institute for Public Service
- UT Municipal Technical Advisory Service
- WTNZ Fox-43