“Political Science Interest” Students
- Freshmen with less than 30 hours
- Transfer Students
- Undeclared students with a Political Science interest
Below are the instructions to set up an advising appointment online.
If Gina Ondercin is NOT your Advisor, use “Supplemental Political Science Advising” to set up an appointment. If you are a declared major with a faculty advisor, contact your faculty advisor (preferably by email) to set up an advising appointment with them.
All of Gina’s advising appointments are actually scheduled online through Navigate. Here is how to schedule an appointment:
- Log into your MyUTK account
- Scroll down to the UTK Student Academic Links box
- Click on Navigate link
- Click on Appointments for Advising or Other Academic Help
- Select Political Science Advising as your reason for the appointment
- Select Political Science Advising in the next box
- Click next
- Select Political Science Advising – 1010 McClung in the location drop down window
- Select Gina Ondercin as your advisor—if I am not listed as your advisor, select “Supplemental Political Science Advising.”
- Click Next
- You will see a grid of my available appointments, if you don’t see any appointment times click the Next Week arrow (I don’t have appointments available more than 2 weeks out)
- Click on the box for morning or afternoon
- Select the available time that works for you
- Click Next
Indicate what you would like to discuss during your appointment in the comments box
- Select the reminder you would like to receive (text or email)
- Click Confirm Appointment. Your appointment is not saved until you click the confirm button.
- You will receive a confirmation email
- Be sure to arrive to your appointment about 5 minutes early.
Gina Ondercin’s office is located in 313 Ayres Hall. Please check in with one of our front office staff members and wait in the hall. Gina will come get you when it is time for your appointment.
After a student has declared their major, they are assigned a faculty advisor. The faculty advisor assists the student in planning their program of study. It is best to contact your faculty advisor by e-mail to set up an advising appointment.
If you have already declared Political Science as your major, be sure to set up a meeting with your designated faculty advisor.
Preparing for Your Advising Appointment
Show up for your appointment 5-10 minutes early. If you are late for this appointment, you will have to reschedule. If you are unable to attend this appointment, please call 865-974-4483 to cancel and reschedule your appointment online. Prior to your appointment, review your DARS report, review the curriculum, know what courses are being offered by reviewing the timetable on MyUTK, read current Course Descriptions and be aware of any pre-requisite and/or co-requisites; and prepare a list of questions for you and your advisor to discuss.